Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
The Governance, Standards and Estate Management role is accountable for governing architecture, driving adoption of standards and managing the long-term health of the IT estate. Key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Own the overall architecture governance framework and ensure market adoption.
- Own the architecture MI framework to measure market progress towards target architecture.
- Manage the IT standards lifecycle and ensure any changes are well consulted and communicated.
- Secure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture.
- Administer the Build Permit approvals process and granting and tracking of exceptions.
- Own the overall architecture exceptions process by preparing and running Group Architecture Board.
- Ensure that architecture data is captured and maintained for each market to set direction and direct investment using evidenced objectives.
- Runs overall governance for architecture.
- Sets and define enterprise architecture standards and policies including all aspects of technology, infrastructure, data and digital.
- Standards are in place to optimise development efficiency, reduce integration overhead, increase ease of interoperability, skill-sharing, licence and service cost reduction and IT performance.
- Provide a consistent set of lightweight tools to run governance within platforms and markets that cost.
- Coordinate the update of data into a single architecture repository from all the markets ensuring applications and infrastructure are rated for cost, decommissioning and technical information.
- Lead reporting on architecture health using estate management information to evidence and drive improvements delivered through roadmaps.
- Small team approx. 4 FTE to run governance and estate management.
- Accountable for budget made up of headcount, specialist IT modelling solutions and external research.
- Member of the Group Architecture Leadership Team.
- Expected to maintain strong links to other markets to share learning and ensure sharing of best practice.
- Leader capable of bringing the entire team on the journey.
- Good people management capabilities, with the ability to build and develop an outstanding team. Able and willing to bring through the next generation of talent.
- Experience of working with senior levels of IT.
- Excellent understanding of IT strategy, architecture models, business model and plans.
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership.
- Strong analytical capability and background.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong relationship management skills at all levels.
What you get in return
- Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme