Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
My client has a significant change journey ahead and need to focus on executing at pace through data led transformation. You will be at the heart of strategic execution and ultimately understand the mechanics of making the business more valuable! If you want to be part of something special, create history and truly make a difference look no further than IT strategy execution!
IT is a critical enabler to the business and one of the largest areas of expenditure. A robust, secure and leading-edge IT architecture is essential for my client to become a super accelerator.
The IT Transformation team leads the governance of all strategic investment for the Global IT function, which is comprised of 4500 people. The Change portfolio consists of 200 programmes and >£350m spend. Data led decision making, robust governance, pace, and strong programmatic diligence is needed in delivering its strategic outcomes.
Global IT has a significant year-on-year Change Portfolio of Initiatives, as part of a rolling 3-year Strategic Roadmap. You will be required to lead activity to ensure that both the IT-initiated Change Portfolio and the IT elements of Market Change Portfolios sustain current operation and enable future ambitions.
You will be responsible for Change governance and associated processes for Global IT.
Nature of Work
- Group CIO Roadmap construction, and submission and approval of Business Cases
- Benefits tracking at Portfolio level – financial and non-financial
- Maintaining the Portfolio governance framework, and providing training and guidance in its use
- Maintain appropriate records and ensure that controls are sufficiently well designed and operating effectively to mitigate risk
- Operational problem solving to optimise the running of the Portfolio Planning and Delivery Assurance processes, and to inform and drive the continuous improvement of them.
- Accountable for making suggestions for improvements and taking personal initiative in adapting to change
- Day to day engagement with a range of local stakeholders involved in all aspects of Portfolio Planning and Delivery – with a focus on driving flawless delivery execution
- Strong communicator. Persuasive and articulate, able to influence and negotiate at senior level
- Ability to quickly and effectively work with other teams
- Facilitation skills
- Relationship management skills
- Change management
- Dependency management
- Financial management
- Proven track record in successfully operating Portfolio-wide governance
- Track-record of successfully operating along-side a range of stakeholders
- Good understanding of the IT Strategy and IT Change activity
- Salary up to £59,000 + 10% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme