This is a 6-month initial contract with a high probability to go permanent.
My client is looking for an experienced Print Project Manager to work across Creative, Studio, Packaging Design, Manufacturing and Support functions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in a busy artwork production environment.
- Experience of driving a team of people to deliver to defined timelines.
- Knowledge of print and production processes.
- Knowledge of new product development and engineering/manufacturing processes.
- Experienced in managing multiple and multi-lingual projects.
Based within the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage all Production Line Graphics Material (PLGM) activity, from inception to delivery. Graphics & Packaging produce any element that goes on the product, accompanies the product, or protects the product, from the assembly line to the customer.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team; including Creative, Studio, Packaging Design, Manufacturing and Support functions, you will take the lead in the team's deliverables, driving productivity and quality through all aspects of origination and production.
The role reports to the Graphics and Packaging Category Manager and concentrates on planning and managing projects; identifying and securing resource, defining timings, driving approvals and controlling day-to-day priorities. This role is operationally focused, and is the driving force in engaging stakeholders to delivering to manufacturing milestones.
The position forms the link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Management, Product Marketing and Manufacturing teams globally - resolving all the short-term issues and managing long term project plans, communicating status reports and ensuring the momentum and delivery of the project.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Explore the opportunities, challenge the solution, proactively brief and motivate the supporting services to deliver, from defined objectives.
- Establish with the business the needs and the corresponding deliverables.
- Engage all stakeholders and map the project journey, providing visibility of potential or tailored deviation.
- Plan and manage all deliverables, communicating progress to the wider project team.
- Proactively drive projects forward, seeking resolutions, providing mitigations, and escalating where necessary.
- Define project timelines aligned to the Manufacturing milestones, identifying all deliverables and their course to completion.
- Set production goals and drivers, establishing a robust operations schedule to drive quality without compromise.
- Using the asset management and workflow system to proactively control project targets to correct process, and manage approval chains with the wider business in line with best practice.
- Work with the Category Manager, Packaging, and Creative teams to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and budgeted to the original BOM specification.
- Review all content for suitability, proof-read and sense check the assets involved, ensure changes are clearly marked and briefed to the correct team, at the right time.
- Cross check print specs against deliverables, establish quality controls are in place to measure standards, drive operational efficiencies and support improvements to practices.
- Actively pursue the production outcomes of deliverables, co-ordinating with Change Management and Procurement where necessary to engage with suppliers for quality assurance.
- My client has grown from 1 man with an idea to over 6,000 employees in 70 countries. 2017 has seen them doubling their footprint across the US and Asia…interested?
- £35,0000 Basic Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Staff bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Career development
- Plus, much more