Do you want a career where you know you're making a difference?
My Clients testing community work hard every single day to make sure that their products and services do exactly what their customers need them to; they defy uncertainty.
The Release, Test & Transformation team provides shared services across IT Platforms and beyond, enabling outstanding delivery, trouble free operations and transforming how things are done.
A key element of what my client do is the delivery of risk assessed software change. The test team is responsible for software testing throughout the software development process, ensuring that the software functions and performs as expected.
Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
What will you be doing?
As a key member of the Test team, you will use your knowledge of management and testing techniques to plan and coordinate the delivery of testing services on the Finance Data Warehouse systems.
Using your experience, you will advise on the proper use of (test) technology to ensure my client deliver amazing quality for their customers; preventing defects whilst ensuring delivery to time and cost.
You will assist the transformation of your team into an industry leader, drawing on your experience and knowledge of best practice as well as emerging techniques such as modelling and optimization.
As a Test Manager, you'll enjoy working with outstanding individuals within the change structure for the delivery, quality and planning of work and to help increase your skills. My client has top Scrum Masters, Project Coordinators, Software Engineers and Designers who you'll deliver products with every single day
As part of the testing community of Test Engineers, Managers, Test Specialists and Test Services Managers, you'll be working together to help transform how my client test.
You'll have the opportunity to work with third parties and be part of a fast-growing external network of testing professionals, sharing ideas and bringing the best ones back.
From day 1 you'll be making a difference by:
- Being involved in developing project/programme level test strategies across all functional/non-functional test types for our Finance changes.
- planning and running meetings and workshops so we know what we need to test and why.
- Leading testing planning and estimating work; shaping the backlog and inputting to sprint planning or high-level test plans. You'll understand risks and issues my client face and help address them, either through your expertise or by helping others.
- Using your industry knowledge and experience to understand how my client can do even more amazing work; developing an automation culture and giving advice and mentorship to your team-mates.
- You’ll take responsibility for the production & sign off of all testing output, making sure the output is right and on time.
- Guiding team mates and ensuring lessons learnt are shared across the Assurance community. This could include specific specialisms, such as Automation, BDD or other testing techniques.
My Client are looking for people who love testing; my client wants you to be able to show them that you love testing as much as them. Join their community by showing them that you have:
- Significant experience of leading testing using more than one methodology.
- Experience of Data Warehouse / Enterprise or batch management test management.
- Knowledge of various quality standards in use throughout the industry.
- Experience leading within and across different test types throughout the delivery lifecycle (DLC), including V-Model, Agile or Waterfall
- Amazing knowledge of the use & management of testing tools and automation software, ideally including Non-Functional Testing.
- The ability to influence Behaviour driven development and test-driven development.
- Significant knowledge of key factors influencing our business & the IT industry.
- Consistent results in test analysis, test lead & test management, quality deliveries & application of technical/professional expertise across multiple platforms/applications.
- Insurance business &/or previous IT test experience, ideally in the Finance sector.
- Analysis, planning, scheduling & co-ordination aligned to strategic awareness applied to all aspects of the role.
- In depth understanding of how to define & handle risks, issues & interdependencies as they relate to projects/programmes.
- Works closely with other roles and teams.
- Demonstrable ability to instigate & lead change initiatives within own area/community.
- Maintaining a network of contacts & using where appropriate.
- Salary of up to £45,000 + 8% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If this of interest, please press apply now.