Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
The department work to deliver Business Intelligence (BI), market leading client reporting, and the implementation of enduring solutions. They do this through the generation of technology developments to improve the proposition, the understanding of their clients and marketplace, and the provision of critical BI to enable robust commercial decisions.
This Application Developer role is instrumental in assisting with this work using data, technology and teamwork to provide the outcomes described.
The role resides within the Commercial Solutions Team who develop and maintain the SQL Server data estate for the business unit through the incorporation of robust data, controls and processes that provides a holistic view of Corporate Pensions and associated activity.
They then utilise the extensive analysis, project management, database and data experience to build and maintain bespoke applications (EUCs) that make business processes more efficient and secure.
The team handle delivery from end-to-end ensuring that they understand customers’ needs to deliver solutions that provide operational efficiencies, effective controls and operational MI. These activities range from agile small-scale development providing solutions in a matter of days, to those supporting long-term strategic initiatives.
They want to provide more of these through web-based solutions, and that where you come in.
Is this you?
You are not just a technical web development specialist, but also understand how financial service companies operate and how to work in partnership with your customers.
The team have a comprehensive development and change agenda that needs to be supported through the rare ‘in-business’ autonomous technology capabilities they have. To take full advantage of this, in addition to your advanced technical skills, you will bring logical thinking combined with pragmatism and business understanding to provide creative and enduring solution delivery through teamwork.
What you'll need to do
- Designing, building and administering effective web-based applications that facilitate business information or processes via 'user-friendly', logical and low maintenance means and integrate seamlessly with existing systems architecture.
- Assisting strategic and tactical business change improvement for existing applications, including access controls to ensure applications and data remain secure, and risk management by identifying weakness within business processes.
- Ensure application change audit-ability is available and application integrity maintained through development lifecycles.
- Keep documentation/user materials up-to-date and in line with expected governance requirements for the team.
- Providing advice, guidance and recommendations to application users through effective identification and elicitation of requirements to exceed their expectations.
- Responsible for the production of customer communications, including changes and improvements to the systems
- C# and VB.net web projects
- ASP.NET Web Forms application
- Experience working inresponsive design (e.g. Bootstrap framework)
- Knowledge of data protocols/standards and ability to integrate web developments with external data repositories (e.g. SQL server)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and requirement elicitation skills
- Robust customer management and effective communication thorough appropriate media to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with JS charting libraries
- Experience in web services (e.g. XML, REST, SOAP)
- Worked in ASP.NET MVC application
- Experience of iText Sharp (C# framework)
- Experience of CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- A technology degree (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Corporate Pensions or Financial Services
- £35,000 - £40,0000 DOE
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme