Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
There are a number key strategic partners and suppliers who are responsible for delivering mission critical services to my client and their customers.
These services include network connectivity, unified communications, voice and video services, email and collaboration as well contact centre technologies.
The role is accountable for ensuring that the partners and suppliers fulfil their contractual performance obligations in providing services to my client.
The role is part of the Workplace and Networks team, within Global Infrastructure & Operations. The team has end to end accountability for the services delivered to the customer base as well as all project change delivery in this area.
This role will suit somebody who is passionate about providing high quality services to customers.
You will be managing the performance of a number of key, strategic partners – some of the most important partners to the business.
You will need to build relationships with key stakeholders (procurement, service management, legal etc) and within the partner organisations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of the day to day relationship with suppliers in the Workplace and Networks technical tower
- Chairing regular performance reviews with suppliers, according to the governance framework
- Reviewing operational performance against contracted SLA’s and supplier performance against key contractual obligations
- Managing a team of partner and supplier aligned Performance staff
- Working with partners and suppliers to build Service Improvement Plans as required
- Reporting on partner and supplier performance to internal stakeholders
- Work in partnership with the Group Strategic Sourcing function in determining future supplier strategy, including sourcing
- Act as an internal escalation point for underperformance of suppliers
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Relationship management
- Supplier management
- Strong experience in leading supplier relationships at a senior level
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Experience of working in a multi-source environment
- Experience of managing IT service delivery
- Leading people and small to medium sized teams
What will you get for this role?
- Salary £55,000 - £90,000 + 12% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme