Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
My Client are looking for Cloud Engineers to join the Development Support Team within their Guidewire Platform to support and maintain the multiple cloud environments.
The role is broad and varied utilising many technologies, so the successful candidate does not need to have all the skills / technologies but must be technically savvy and keen to learn. My client are looking for a self-starter with a passion for service and for extending their knowledge base as well as technical leadership experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and expansion of automated provisioning and deployment processes.
- AWS Instance Creation, Configuration, and Maintenance.
- Automating AWS tasks using AWS tools, sdks, cloud formation scripts, command line tools.
- Ensure proper uptime, rollback capabilities, load balancing configuration, database configurations, backups, for all environments.
- Disaster Recovery preparedness with multi-zone and/or multi-region options.
- Communicate with development teams to create new customer builds or environments.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with cloud services (ideally AWS), hosting applications and services on Prod and Non-Prod.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and Windows and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores (Oracle, MSSQL and Postgresql are used).
- Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, Jenkins, XLRelease/Deploy, Bladelogic and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible.
- Knowledge of Database services in Cloud.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organisation.
- You like being part of a team and enjoy working with other engineers.
- You’re a great communicator and are capable of not just doing the work but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions.
- You’re open to good ideas, wherever they come from.
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!
- Knowledge of APIs. You can design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers, and you know when to use JSON or XML.
- Knowledge of Web application stacks, including Apache/Tomcat, Websphere, etc.
- Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and High Availability.
What your get in return:
- Salary £30,000 - £55,000
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
If of interest, please press apply now