Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
My client’s release engineering community work hard every single day to make sure that the business gets the products and services it asks for when they ask for them; my client defy uncertainty.
The Release, Test & Transformation team provides shared services across IT Platforms and beyond, enabling exceptional delivery, trouble free service for customers and transforming how they do things.
A key element is the regular delivery of software change at various cadences to suit business needs. The release services team is responsible for delivering IT change using reliable, swift and safe release pipelines ensuring that the software functions to customer’s needs.
What will you be doing?
As a key member of the Release Engineer team, you will use your knowledge of DevOps, automation toolsets and release management techniques to plan and facilitate release deliveries for multi-platform CIO's.
Using your experience, you will advise on the proper use of (automation) technology to ensure delivery of amazing quality software; ensuring a phenomenal service whilst delivering to time and cost.
You will assist the transformation of your team into industry leaders, drawing on your experience and knowledge of what is good release engineering as well as developing Continuous Delivery capability.
Want to join?
My client is looking for people who love delivering business benefit; you will be able to show them that you live delivery as much as they do. You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of leading release engineering teams.
- Experience of DevOps and leading the creation of new automated pipelines.
- Knowledge of various quality standards in use throughout the industry.
- Deep understanding of Agile, Kanban and Scrum methodologies.
- Amazing knowledge of the use & management of automation tools and automation software.
- Deep knowledge of release and governance processes.
- Knowledge of key factors influencing our business & the IT industry.
- Analysis, planning, scheduling & co-ordination aligned to strategic awareness applied to all aspects of the role.
- In depth understanding of how to define & handle risks, issues & interdependencies as they relate to software deliveries.
- Works closely with other roles and teams.
- Proven ability to instigate & lead change initiatives within own area/community.
- Salary of between £30000 and £45000 + 10% annual bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme