First and foremost, you'll need to be a talented and experienced Senior Project Manager, but you'll also need to have a connection to Japan, be able to get by (if not fluent) speaking in Japanese (perhaps it's your native language?), and you must be excited and willing to live and work in Tokyo long-term.
The opportunity here is huge, and as the pipeline of projects from this client continues, the agency is likely to open a Tokyo office. If you are the sort of person who'd relish the opportunity of helping get the Tokyo office set up, and you'd like to run that branch of the agency, then it's something you could potentially get involved in. This is not essential however. Recruiting a solid Senior Digital Project Manager is the primary objective. Sound exciting so far? Then please read on!
The experience we need
- The Senior Digital Project Manager must be an experienced and highly competent Digital Project Manager or Digital Producer, ideally in an agency or consultancy firm environment.
- You must have managed complex web development builds and complex application builds from start to finish.
- Good requirements gathering and analysis skills are needed, and UX / user workshops experience is a nice to have too.
- You'll be able to engage and lead clients, some of which are quite tech minded and other that aren't.
- You'll be able to work independently and remotely (without much supervision, but support is there when you need it) while doing all that is expected of a brilliant Senior Digital Project Manager – smooth and reliable processes, meeting deadlines, managing expectations, top tech knowledge, keeping the client happy and ensuring any issues are raised and dealt with in a satisfactory manner.
- Must have experience working abroad, ideally in Japan and be familiar with the cultural there. If you already live and work in Japan then that would be fine as well. There will be plenty of help with relocation if needed, however, if you've done this before then you will probably already know how it all works (more information can be provided).
An amazing Senior Digital Project Manager role working on-site with a very famous, household-name brand client with a HQ in Tokyo. You'll be the first to work on-site with the client so this is an exciting new opportunity for the agency, however, they've worked with the client for over a decade, so the relationship is excellent.
Although you'll work on-site with the client, you'll very much be an employee of the agency and will be given a thorough induction over a period of months at their Bristol (UK) office prior to flying out to Tokyo. Your Development, Design and Testing teams willbe based back in Bristol so you'll manage them remotely.
You'll have regular visits from your UK team members, and you'll get the opportunity to fly back here too.
You'll be very well looked after and will be given huge amounts of support from the Head of Project Management.
One of the country's most respected digital marketing agencies, with an enviable client list of household name brands across a variety of sectors, globally. Whilst they deliver a lot of complex web build projects, they are also the lead agency for digital campaigns on some of their accounts. The team is very well established and there's a lot of opportunity for ambitious and talented people to grow their careers. The vibe is fun, fast-paced and hard-working.
What you’ll get in return
- Excellent career prospects.
- The opportunity to spearhead huge and complex tech projects for a world famous brand client.
- The opportunity to live and work in Tokyo!
- The chance to work on a wide range of cutting edge digital projects.
- A senior position which could see you helping set up a new team in Tokyo.
- A competitive salary, which is negotiable for the right person, and can be paid in either GCP or Japanese Yen.
- An excellent benefits package and relocation package will be offer, but will be tailored to the candidates' needs.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony a call.