This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior PHP Developer or Drupal Developer to join a growing, dynamic development team who deliver world-class tech solutions in the form of web-based standalone applications for a whole host of global and national brands.
This is one of 6 brand new opportunities to become available in their growing development team. It’s an exciting time to join the team!
The experience we need
The ideal Senior Web Developer will be somebody who’s a bit of an all-rounder, who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good human. They’re a very friendly bunch, so they’re looking for professional yet affable new recruits.
Technical skills needed
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience or training
- Solid industry PHP experience
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Excellent knowledge of Git Version Control
- Drupal, especially Headless Drupal
- Symfony and MVC methodologies
- Knowledge of jsonapi.org spec
- 3rd party APIs
- Responsive site building
- Strong understanding of Linux and Apache configuration
- Performance optimisation (e.g. Memcache)
- Docker and Ansible
- Sass and other front-end preprocessor tools such as Gulp or Grunt
- Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine
- Writing technical specifications
As a Senior Web Developer you’ll be able to take on some of the bigger projects going through the agency, taking the lead from a development perspective where appropriate, and collaborating on other projects to maintain a healthy balance of personal challenge vs comfort zone.
It’s often fast-paced with some tight deadlines, but you’ll be part of a great team and will have plenty of support around you. You’ll have the chance to work with some of the latest technologies, including Ansible, Elasticsearch, Angular JS and Headless Drupal. Although not vital, any experience with these will be a massive bonus.
A very well established digital agency with exceptional client relationships, brilliant digital projects managers to keep things running smoothly, and a well-resourced dev team who love what they do and have (mostly) worked there for a number of years or more. It’s a collaborative and happy team and the newer team members are new because the team is expanding.
They spend a dedicated period of time every week training their dev skills (quite often the latest in Drupal) and you’ll get the opportunity to attend industry conferences and tech talks with some of the best in the industry (some of them hosted by this tech team themselves).
There’s lots of other fun stuff too, like well stocked beer fridge, very cool canteen area where you’ll often find colleague playing board games or cooking up lunch for one another.
What you’ll get in return
- You will be working for one of the most prestigious agencies in the South West on their impressive portfolio of clients
- A very competitive salary, depending on experience
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking and shower facilities at the office
- Retail and gym discounts
- Access to independent financial advice
- Frequent social events
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles, please give Sam a call.