1) The company website/portal, which is now 2 years old and has huge potential for further optimisation from both a content perspective and a user journey perspective, as well as additional technical enhancements (which you'd work on via an external digital agency who will do all of the coding and more technical design and UX wrok - they built the website so know it very well).
2) Some of their more "business as usual" communications campaigns - emails. newsletters, video scripts, social media and other comms pieces. You need to be a good writer as well as a problem-solver with sound project management skills in order to apply for this role.
The experience we need.
You need to be an experienced Marketing Communications Executive or Manager, doing a similar role, with the following key skills and experience:
- Web content planning and delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience looking at website data (perhaps you use Google Analytics, but it could be any other tool or it could be build into the dashboard of a bespoke CMS) in order to inform decisions about website-related improvements and to plan for new web content based on what's right for the business and it's audience.
- Experience managing an external agency would be beneficial, but they also try to do as much as they can in-house so there's room to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in if that's what you enjoy.
- A proven track record in designing, producing and delivering engaging written communications - B2B experience would be a bonus but it's not essential
- Experience implementing integrated communication campaigns across different channels, both on and offline.
- Excellent written communication skills (proof reading, writing press releases, and translating complex, jargon-filled information into easily digestible and engaging copy).
- Good relationship-building skills and a down-to-earth personality.
The successful Digital Marketing Communications Executive will ultimately need to be able take a business problem (or proactively uncover it for yourself), lead the discovery phase, and come up with a creative solution to meet the objective and solve that problem. You'll then deliver the creative solution either by yourself, via the team, or using an external agency, depending on the scale of the solution.
They already know that in a years' time a major CMS upgrade will be needed so there are plenty of bigger projects in the pipeline. The key is to find an experienced Digital Marketing Communication Executive or Manager who can get under the skin of the organisation, understand it's objectives, and come up with solutions which make a positive different.
A not-for-profit, but still very commercial in the way that it feels, which has grown considerably over the last couple of years and is in the midst of some exciting changes. They are a UK-wide organisation with multiple office locations and a fairly large marketing team meaning there is lots of opportunity to progress up the ranks or into other teams internally. They're a very forward thinking organisation where good ideas are welcomed and proactive, commercially minded people flourish. The company is a not for profit organisation who are very successful and they make a real difference to peoples' lives on a day to day basis.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary up to £37k depending on experience, plus a good benefits package
- A fantastic office environment with a newly refurbished canteen area, excellent bike and car parking facilities, common areas and shops nearby.
- A supportive, but light-touch management style where you can be autonomous and make a real difference.
- The chance to work for a not for profit organisation who make a real difference to people's lives.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.