My client is looking to transform the way in which they engage with their customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies is at the heart of their strategy. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creation of end-to-end solution designs that drive this vision forward. You will also be part of a wider global architecture practice and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation.
- Define end-to-end solutions for IT change.
- Build designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture journey and are aligned to company IT Strategy.
- Align with standards, design approaches and governance.
Key aspects of the role:
- Create solutions and design for projects to meet standards for technology and ensure they meet ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Work with product owners, architects, development teams and other project colleagues to agree trade-offs between, long-term and short-term goals.
- Responsible for the integrity of the end-to-end technical solution, including transition states used to achieve the target state.
- Shape and estimate IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Peer review the design artefacts of others.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced team members as required.
Design Community Leadership:
- Contribute to the Solution Architecture community across the organisation leading on or participating in initiatives to improve approach to design.
- Develop your technical skills to support the need to understand and exploit emerging technology trends.
- Excellent design skills.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Strong technical experience. This maybe broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios; or strong domain specialisms to maximise the benefit of technology in key areas e.g. Infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Pensions.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to balance long-term direction and necessary short term goals.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to provide technical guidance to peers and project colleagues.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management.
- Leadership skills.
- £60,000 Basic Salary
- 10% Bonus
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme