The experience we need
The Freelance Web Developer may be full stack, or back end, but in this role you'll mostly be working on the backend of websites and complex systems builds.
- Solid industry PHP experience
- Drupal experience is essential
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
Additional nice to haves
- Headless Drupal
- Symfony and MVC methodologies
- Knowledge of jsonapi.org spec
- 3rd party APIs
- Responsive site building
- Strong understanding of Linux and Apache configuration
- Performance optimisation (e.g. Memcache)
- Docker and Ansible
- Sass and other front-end preprocessor tools such as Gulp or Grunt
- Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine
- Writing technical specifications
A very well established digital agency with exceptional client relationships, brilliant digital projects managers to keep things running smoothly, and a well-resourced dev team who love what they do and have (mostly) worked there for a number of years or more. It’s a collaborative and happy team and the newer team members are new because the team is expanding.
They spend a dedicated period of time every week training their dev skills (quite often the latest in Drupal) and you’ll get the opportunity to attend industry conferences and tech talks with some of the best in the industry (some of them hosted by this tech team themselves).
There’s lots of other fun stuff too, like well stocked beer fridge, very cool canteen area where you’ll often find colleague playing board games or cooking up lunch for one another.
What you’ll get in return
- A competieve day rate in the region of £200/day to £325/day depending on experience and skillset
- 1-2 month booking initially, but it could lead to more work or even a long-term position with the company if you wish to consider a permanent position
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles, please give Tony a call.