£45000 - £52000 per annum
6 months ago
The experience we need.
- 4+ years of commercial experience within a similar Web Ops Engineer role, with a proven track record of building highly scalable systems and maintaining website infrastructure and applications
- Experience in managing cloud technologies and platforms, ideally with some experience in AWS
- Strong understanding of building and maintaining automated and scripted configuration and version control applications
- In depth experience in Internet engineering, technologies, processes and protocols
- Solid communication skills with experience working collaboratively in an agile environment
Technical skills we need.
- LAMP stack administration and common Linux-based web infrastructure - Varnish, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo.
- Non-web internet protocols including DNS, SSL/TSL/ FTP, SMTP
- System administration programmes; Microsoft IIS, .NET and MS SQL servers
As the team's Web Ops Engineer you will be sat within the wider web ops development team to help define and develop the company's current platforms. You'll be working with a cross-disciplined tech team, setting up and configuring automated configuration, orchestration, build / release and version control applications. You'll learn AWS on the job and manage cloud technologies and cloud platforms. You'll build web infrastructure for the company's current brands and design large scale web hosting environments. You'll also create and maintain network documentation.
A household-name brand with an amazing tech and development team, excellent benefits package and good career progression. They look for collaborative, smart and forward thinking people who want to make a real difference, and who are up for pushing boundaries. The company also offer fantastic development schemes and training budgets. This is an exciting company to join if you want to be on the forefront of big data and technology trends.
What you’ll get in return.
- The chance to work for a well-known brand and join a growing, agile development team
- State of the art, brand new offices in a central London location
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Christmas shutdown + birthday off
- Private Health Care
- Pension Scheme
- High Street Retail Discount
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For a chat about this role and similar roles, please call Emma Whitting on 01173178103.