My client is looking for an experienced DevOps professional to aid a Digital revolution in Insurance, building a more sustainable business and finding creative new ways to keep their customers safe, secure and informed.
The Cloud Programme is the biggest investment programme of any financial institution. My client is using the latest technology and work alongside leading suppliers to deliver a global automated, reliable and scalable cloud platform.
The platform is currently deployed to support the UK business. The next stage of the journey is to scale the platform globally.
The DevOps Engineer is a key member of the Cloud Platform team, who understands the advantages but also the limits of automation testing and can intelligently apply automation where applicable. They are charged with improving test processes and automation in an agile highly collaborative environment.
How you will spend your days:
- Considerable experience in automation testing
- Improving test processes and automating
- Coaching and mentoring the team for best practices
- Ensuring collective responsibility for fixing issues with the CI/CD infrastructure
- Supplying strong evidence based-case for why a release is ready to ship
- Appropriate test coverage for the product, functional and non-functional tests
- A strong background in either infrastructure favoured languages e.g PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet and Chef or more code based e.g. Ruby, Python and Swag
- Exploratory testing using these languages from both a unit and user experience perspective is key
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption
- Ability to work with customers to help them deliver their vision
- Software development experience and/or automation in Python, Ruby, or Go
- Configuring continuous integration environments and supporting continuous deployments experiences
- Building your own automation frameworks from scratch
- Designing and developing your own systems
- Continuous integration/deployment
- Common test design patterns
- Proficient in AWS technologies and services
- Be highly motivated, dedicated and obsessive about continuous improvement
- £60,000 - £70,000 Basic DOE
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 Days Holiday allowance plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount on finance products
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If this role is of interest, please press apply now.