You’ll be devising the technology strategy and architecture for new projects, and will be responsible for bringing the product energy to a growing digital organisation. If you have 4 or more years experience with and consider yourself at Technical Director level, then we'd love to hear from you.
The experience we need
Essentials (well, as many of these as possible would be great):
- 4+ years' in a similar Technical Director or Head of Dev / Infrastructure role - you could be looking for a step up or a change of environment
- Track record of building highly scalable systems to serve million of users
- Strong leadership skills within a previous agile organisation, with a proven ability to develop and bring out the best in people
- Experience of a broad range of web programming languages and best-practises
Experience working for a media, publishing or e-commerce brand would be extremely beneficial for this role, or someone who's worked within a start-up environment. We're also after someone who's adaptable and can bring new ideas to the table.
The Technical Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and you’ll lead in the delivery of digital products across the business. They will involve managing the direction of all technical platforms, including e-commerce, web, mobile and tablet). It’s often fast-paced with some tight deadlines, but you’ll be part of a great team and will have plenty of support around you.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Create products and platforms that engage customers and delivered on time
- Ensure all technology platforms align to best practise, are scable and straightforward to develop and deploy
- Manager 3rd party suppliers
- Lead the development team with any new projects, communicate with different business units and liasing effectively with colleagues
A very well established multi-channel media business with an exceptional portfolio of brands, a fantastic digital product team to keep things running smoothly, and a well-resourced dev team who love what they do and have (mostly) worked there for a number of years or more. It’s a collaborative and happy team and the newer team members are new because the team is expanding rapidly.
There’s lots of other fun stuff too, like well stocked beer fridge, very cool canteen area where you’ll often find colleague playing board games or cooking up lunch for one another.
What you’ll get in return
- You will be working for one of the most prestigious companies in the South West/ East on their impressive portfolio of brands
- A very competitive salary, depending on experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & birthday off
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking and shower facilities at the office
- Retail and gym discounts
- Frequent social events
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the west of London, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles, please give Emma a call.