London, Bracknell (M4 corridor)
Salary: £40-60k (DOE) per annum + Benefits
I am currently looking to enagage with established Penetration testers to support a major Cyber Security Consultancy that specialises in offering Cyber Security/Pen testing client services in the London and M4 corridor region.
Their offices are based in London and Bracknell, and given that they provide client services there may also be a small degree of travel to client sites from time to time.
The teams are constantly expanding so we are looking to engage with Pen Testers from a mid to senior level (2 years+ experience)
- Working as part of a penetration testing team, delivering engagements as per customer requirements and against our standard methodologies and procedures.
- Assisting Customers with security related issues.
- Providing prompt and comprehensive client reporting, ensuring that all discovered vulnerabilities are reported, along with any commentary to assist the customer’s understanding.
- Escalating (where necessary) issues and vulnerabilities to more senior testers.
- Carrying out all activities in line with company policies and procedures.
- Providing effective internal communication and handover if required.
- Continuously seeking to identify potential service / tool improvements which will enhance the delivered services.
• Delivering penetration testing engagements to a high quality.
• Producing Customer reports to a high degree of quality and accuracy.
• Expanding personal knowledge with both self-study and funded training courses.
• Assisting more junior team members with understanding on findings and vulnerabilities.
• Acting as an escalation point for both technical and non-technical queries.
• Assisting the sales team with defining client requirements.
• Assisting the senior testers with day to day management of the more junior team members
• Peer reviewing reports from across the whole team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 2 years working as a penetration tester
• Good understanding of IT networking services and protocols (TCP/UDP, FTP, SMTP etc.).
• Good understanding of common web technologies (.NET, PHP, XML, JSON etc.).
• Good understanding of common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell etc.).
• Good understanding of penetration testing frameworks and tools (Kali, Metasploit, Nmap etc.).
• Understanding of current cyber security trends
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Passion for all things information technology and information security.
• Ethical behaviour
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
• Excellent team worker.
• Excellent telephony and report writing skills.
• Ability to motivate and encourage more junior team members.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications / Experience
• SANS GPEN
If this opportunity is of interest, hit apply.