My client has been one of the UKs fastest growing tech companies for 20 years. This success is due to product led innovation focusing on customer needs. My client will involve you from day one ensuring you are engaged with the whole operation and given real responsibility to make a difference
The objectives of the team are to design and build innovative, industry leading, solutions that will be deployed to a global market.
The current roadmap for the team is dominated by the continuing development of Container Hosting Platforms, using Redhat’s Openshift utilising Docker and Kubernetes. These platforms are hosted in the company’s own data centres around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company’s project process
- Build, implement, test and document new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company’s project process
- Provide operational support to new platforms and solutions through the initial launch phase.
- Play an active role in the handover of operational support to the Operations Team
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be a specialist within their own field but they are also expected to have a good understanding of all areas.
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and platforms
- Advanced Linux server administration, preferably RHCE certified
- Experience with configuration management and automation systems, such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with container technology, specifically Docker
- Experience of container management and orchestration, preferably OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Administration, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis of Linux based hosting systems
- Scripting skills (eg BASH, Python, Perl)
- Openstack administration
- £60,000 Basic
- 10% Annual Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme, Aviva health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Soft drinks, newspapers and fruit all available in our “break out” rooms.
- Great social activities: regular board gaming sessions, football (with an international football tournament once a year)
- Fitness groups, running teams, and many more.