This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer to join a growing e-commerce business in the heart of Somerset. They're looking to make some big changes this year, and are in need of a solid Developer to support them in this. It's a unique opportunity to really make the role your own.
The experience we need
The ideal PHP Web Developer will be somebody who’s a bit of an all-rounder, who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. You'll be senior enough to lead on a number of key projects and to take a pivotal part in growing the brand.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience or training
- Solid industry back-end PHP experience (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Object-orientated principles and agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of Git Version Control
- Experience with payment services such as SagePay / PayPal
As the team's key PHP Developer, you'll play a pivotal part in ensuring key developments are built and implemented in-line with the business objectives and specifications. You'll be working alongside a small friendly team and your primary role will be to strengthen and grow the existing e-commerce website to improve the overall customer experience.
This will include:
- Significant redevelopment work to the front end
- Responsibility for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
A small, ambitious business who's sucess has taken them to the next level of growth. They're a collaborative, passionate team who are looking for like minded people. There's lots of plans for the next 12 years, so this really is a great role for someone who's ready to take a step up in responsibility and make a real difference.
What you’ll get in return
- The chance to make a real difference in a growing e-commerce brand
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days holiday + Christmas shutdown + birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Remote working
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles, please give Emma a call.