Now they have an established, experienced function, they are focusing on an initiative to further improve data and analytics capabilities and are looking for enthusiastic and collaborative Data Scientists.
The role sits within a small, cooperative DevOps team made up of Developers, Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists. The team operates separately from the main business units and the focus is on exploring and developing new technology choices and data sources that will further increase capabilities in the machine learning space.
You will have a chance to make a significant impact by exploring cutting-edge techniques and shaping the future of Data Science.
We are looking for inquisitive Data Scientists, keen to make an impact using innovative analytic methods. You must have a keen interest in machine learning or statistics and be ready to expand your skills as the field progresses.
The successful Data Scientist must be comfortable researching and proposing solutions to the rest of the team and should enjoy learning about the business’ needs and working together with a range of stakeholders.
- Research new ideas and stay up to date with the world of data science
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks that make the most of many terabytes of data
- Work collaboratively with your team members to build deployment processes and tooling
- Solve business problems using a range of advanced statistical and machine learning techniques
- 2+ years’ experience working in Data Science or another relevant field
- Msc / PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Proven experience using supervised learning techniques such as GLMs, random forests or gradient boosted ensembles
- Experience using a range of tools such as Python, R, SparkML, SAS, etc preferably within a cloud environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication across a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000
- Life Assurance
- Gym membership