My client has grown from 1 man with an idea to over 6,000 employees in 70 countries. 2019 is going to see them doubling their footprint across the US and Asia…interested?
Based in the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage activity related to Product Packaging, Labelling and Graphics materials.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, Copy, Studio, Packaging Design and Manufacturing Support functions, you play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving efficiency and quality improvement through all stages of development and production.
The Junior Project Manager reports to the Graphics and Packaging Category Manager and is responsible for planning, managing and delivery of projects to production. The role is supporting a Graphics and Packaging Project Manager and working closely with a Coordinator in delivering materials to new product launches and driving current product change management.
Associate Project Manager Key functions:
Identifying and securing resource required, managing timings, artwork approvals, control of day-to-day priorities and ensuring all participating within the project are given clear direction on what they need to do and when. You will be working closely with your team and other project stakeholders, sharing information, mitigating risks, giving accurate project updates and ensuring you are up to date and invested in the team's long-term goals.
The role forms a link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Product Marketing, Standards Compliance and Production teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
Associate Project Manager Experience / Skills:
- Suitable for a Junior or Assistant Project Manager with experience in Graphics, Packaging, Print production or similar.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Graphics, Design, Project management) or equivalent experience preferable, but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant field (e.g. print production, packaging design, engineering, product management) demonstrating a good understanding of New Product Design and Development process, as well as an appreciation of product Graphics & Packaging design and production process.
- Knowledge of a variety of print production processes.
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately. Able to tailor communication to the right audience, share the right information with the right people at the right time, be professional, clear and concise.
- Approachable, professional, confident and flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness, able to build productive working relationships within the team and across the business and influence others.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
- Proactive problem-solver, able to navigate complex processes and systems.
- Self-motivated and competent, with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Able to handle demanding workload, manage multiple projects at once and deliver on schedule
- Experience of delivering projects in a production environment.
- Experience of driving a project team to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
- Experience of managing project progress by constantly tracking deliverables and finding ways to pre-empting and removing obstacles.
- £30,000 Basic salary
- 27 Days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centreLife assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on products