The role sits within a small DevOps team made up of Developers, Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists. The team operates outside of core IT. The focus is on exploring and developing new technology choices and data sources that will further increase capabilities in the machine learning space. You will have a chance to make a significant impact on the business's success by building the reports and dashboards to support this, working closely with support departments including pricing, analytics, telematics and fraud.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic and numerically minded, that can think creatively around a brief and is willing to challenge as necessary. You must have a keen interest in programming and analytics, have good problem-solving skills and be ready to research and learn new techniques that can be applied to the task at hand.
The team work in an agile fashion and are looking for someone who can work independently, has good teamworking skills, and can deliver to agreed timelines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
The role sits within a multi-disciplened team that has been challenged with building a cloud data platform, and the primary focus is on creating reports and dashboards to service their data support departments. Your responsibilities as part of this team will include:
- Taking the lead on vendor selection for our reporting tool, conducting the evaluations to pick the product that best suits our needs
- Researching, developing, implementing and integrating new reporting systems and applications
- Developing an in-depth understanding of our Pricing and Analytics departments enabling you to design and develop their management information systems
- Take responsibility for customer departments’ reporting needs, liaising with them and other relevant stakeholders as needed
- Developing and implementing automated insights that monitor the portfolio and help identify risks and opportunities
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience (in a similar role or department)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical/mathematical subject
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills, with a desire to learn and take on new challenges
If this role sounds appealing and you would like to learn more, hit apply.