Based on innovation and organic growth my client has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
The success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focused culture. My client believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. The philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
My client has always considered their Pricing Department to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of the business and as they continue to transform from a monoline insurer to one who offers a growing range of personal lines products, they are looking for driven, skilled and experienced Pricing Managers to join them.
My client are looking for creative, innovative and ambitious individuals with 5+ years' experience in any insurance pricing role, who have a track record of finding insight in data, can take ownership for driving forward change and have a passion for sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues, both at a peer level and in a managerial role. Your final position could be for any of the products (for example motor pricing, household pricing, etc), based on your experience and skills.
- Analysing pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management.
- Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies, including Heads of Department and CEO/COO
- Collaborating with peers in pricing and with stakeholders from all relevant areas of the business
- Coaching/mentoring team members
- A degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a highly mathematical subject
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- At least 5 years’ experience in any general insurance pricing role
- Experience of working with SAS or similar packages essential
- Experience of GLM and/or Machine Learning techniques and software such as Emblem is an advantage
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Personality and a sense of humour
- Competitive salary
- City Centre Parking
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership
- Share Scheme
- Plus, plenty more