My client’s mission is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy.
The business has recently reviewed its longer-term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future.
The experience we need:
You will also have previous experience of leading a team of high performing developers and perhaps have experience of hiring/recruiting into the team.
- React/ReactJS/React native
- .Net / C#
- Restful API / Rest API
- Experience of delivering high quality code across a full stack, with a focus on front-end web development
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate profession development and, potentially, conflict resolution.
- Proven experience of leading a high performing team of developers.
- Demonstrable experience of programming ability across a number of technologies with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Proven ability of tackling challenging delivery.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle.
- Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams
- Experience building mobile applications using native or hybrid stacks (React Native, Flutter or alternative)
You will provide leadership to all developers, driving continuous improvement, introducing and embedding industry good practice and managing individual developers’ performance and professional development. Deliver development capability for critical workflows and act as the point of escalation for all development work.
Acountabilties will include:
• Develop and implement the developer strategy and business plans in close collaboration with key stakeholders
• Leadership of all developers in a way that supports high performance and engagement over the longer term
• Lead and be accountable for the development practice to enable ever improving development velocity and quality across squads / Scrum Teams.
• Own direction and implementation of developer tooling and practices roadmap (including, but not limited to CI/CD, test-driven development, choice of development stacks)
• Work closely with Technical Architect and Portfolio Team to ensure individual developers’ skills are working effectively with Scrum Teams and identify emerging skill needs for developers, continuously ensuring high performance of the team.
• Work with the Technical Architect to seek opportunities to introduce new technologies that will improve technical delivery and support implementation.
• Manage and be the point of escalation to deal with resourcing challenges;
• Ensure workforce planning of developers to maintain a consistent quality of service.
• Own and manage resourcing of developers according to IT and Digital’s operating model and budget.
• Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
• Deliver development capability at a senior level and act as the point of escalation.
• The anticipation and management of risks in relation to functional and broader Good Energy business.
• Effective internal and external communication and collaboration with all stakeholder groups
What you’ll get in return
- Salary up to £75,000 DOE
- Travel allowance at all levels
- Green Travel Allowance
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
- Flexible working practices across many roles