My Client is a multinational financial services provider, where data and technology take centre stage in delivering market-leading products. My client is now looking for a Software Development Engineer to help deliver high quality systems. The role will be to analyse, design and execute automated, performance and load testing of all new and future changes to the key systems that underpin the business including website, api’s, platform but also journey and product development.
The Software Development Engineer will be an integral part of the IT and Change function, working on delivering new products and supporting existing products, in order to grow the business into a market leader.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing tooling that will allow automated tests to be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline. Responsibilities will also include the mentoring and coaching of test analysts to ensure that the whole team are able to leverage automated test suites.
This will be a busy and high paced role to match the ambition of the business and will require the Software Development Engineer to work across multiple work streams and use a variety of testing tools and approaches. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential as the SDET will need to work closely with the business, IT stakeholders and the Test Manager to help to achieve the business objectives.
Working as an SDET you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain the Automation solutions
- Be the leader of automation test strategy/implementation and design of the testing process
- Build the team to cover automation efforts and coach/mentor test Analysts to use and implement automated testing.
- Work closely with the development team to define strategy and best practices.
- Define the tools and frameworks in line with the development team.
- Integrate automated tests with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong experience in JAVA or Python or C# (developer level)
- Strong experience in SELENIUM
- Strong experience in integrating automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Capable of building automation frameworks from scratch.
- Have experience stubbing and creating automation for microservice architecture at distributed scale
- Have a real passion for clean code; automation testing and continuous delivery
- An enthusiastic mentor for team to adopt automation as a definition of done
- A highly competitive salary
- Share Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Gym Membership