Working alongside packaging teams in South East Asia, the Packaging Engineer will be responsible for delivering the early stage development of the final solution to ensure it meets the highest level of detail necessary for release to chosen suppliers for manufacturing and subsequent engineering validation.
Packaging Engineer Accountabilities:
The Packaging Design team is responsible to deliver packaging solutions for products and support the business in related tasks, which shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Key strategic thinker with a clear understanding of how to develop and present effective product package to the relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with NPI team on new product packaging development. Document packaging vision, defining development budget and setting agreed target cost to kick-off the development activity.
- Identify and evaluate new packaging materials, technologies and concepts as well as emerging packaging trends.
- Design, develop and qualify of new packages through various test standards to ensure packages meet higher reliability standard within agreed budget and deadline.
- Ensure Packaging formats are investigated and rationalized to ensure they are fit for purpose and manufacturing process.
- Generate and register packaging CAD drawings with full specification and requirement for execution.
- Contribute ideas and participate in finding solution to resolve failures.
- Working closely with South East Asia packaging team and various business functions to ensure packaging solutions deliver within agreed budget and deadline.
- You will have demonstrable experience in managing packaging development projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated design skills in product packaging, conceptual layouts and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the product packaging development process and relationship to the product Lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems cross functionally and regionally.
- Experience with designing product packaging for domestic and international distribution and supply chains.
- Fundamental knowledge of product packaging development as well as primary packaging development including: clamshells, thermal foaming, bags, corrugated inserts, folding cartons, pulp tray and internal protective packaging.
- Thorough understanding of design for manufacturability concepts used to optimize the overall performance and features of the final package. (Cost, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturability).
- Thorough knowledge of packaging technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems.
- Proficient in generating engineering documentations (technical drawings, shipping configuration, analysis report) Strong problem-solving skills, including root cause investigations.
- Experience of all disciplines in packaging will be required, as well as a good understanding of current packaging regulations and directives.
• £35,000 - £5040,000 Basic salary
• 27 Days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Sport centreLife assurance
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidized café and restaurants
• Discounts on products
If this role is of interest, please press apply