We're looking for a Senior Marketing Manager for an exciting tech business in Bristol, at an extremely exciting period of growth. You'll be able to make a large and visible impact and contirbute to overall success of the business. Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working and share options scheme.
The experience we need.
- Senior Marketing Manager or a Marketing Manager capable of working autonomously in a technical / engineering focused company.
- Tech savvy- able to analyse a customer base which is predominantly made up of engineers in the automotive and aerospace sectors, to create a value proposition which resonates with their needs, and also savvy enough to feed back market insights to the R&D team who are working on bringing new products to the market.
- Experience working in a marketing for within in technology, engineering, software or metrology would be highly advantageous.
- Experience marketing products in a challenging market sector would also be great.
- A strategic marketing manager as well as somebody who is willing to muck in a do the doing when required.
- A highly visible and important opportunity to assist in the growth of the business, working closely with the CEO and newly appointed Sales Director. The successful Senior Marketing Manager will carry out market and customer analysis, and will be responsible for profiling key customers in target market sectors such as Automotive and Aerospace manufacture. The Energy and medical sectors may also be considered a target market.
- The Senior Marketing Manager will use these insights to devise and implement the annual marketing strategy from scratch, with the aim of raising brand awareness in the marketplace, and increasing the brand's reputation for doing really great work, far and wide. You'll help define the company's value proposition in line with customer insights too.
- Lead generation will form a key part of the role, and you'll work closely with the Sales Director to join the dots between marketing and the sales cycle. These are typically high value, lower volume product sales but the aim if to increase the volume of sales exponentially in the next 3 years.
- To date, their marketing activity has been content focused. We expect the Senior Marketing Manager to be able to quickly get to grips with market insights and the customer base, to define a new strategy, which could include any area of the marketing mix as long as it gets results.
- You'll be responsible for defining and measuring the success of marketing activities and will be comfortable reporting back to senior stakeholders. Experience using Salesforce or hubspot for lead gen activities is also highly desirable.
- The Senior Marketing Manager will also feed back market insight to the R&D team to ensure that the ne2w products in the pipeline offer value to future customers.
- To begin with you'll need to be strategic and also roll your sleeves up to help get things done, but you'll soon be given the support of a marketing agency and/or the ability to recruit a junior marketer to support you in the role. This will be guided by the person who is appointed.
An established engineering & technology company who've had five successful and profitable years in business. They recently secured investment for their next phase of growth, which involves the transition from a service business to more of a product-based offering. They recognise that it's investment in their marketing department is essential to their success so this is a key hire for them.
They're a young a vibrant company where everybody in the business shares a common goal and is bought into what they are trying to achieve. This has allowed them to hire some extremely smart engineers working on the R&D side, and it comes at a time when the industry is in need of their products and services. This a great time for a commercially-minded and tech savvy senior marketing manager to join the team and to be a cornerstone of their success.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary in the region of £45,000-£55,000 basic + flexible working + share options scheme + pension + 25 days holiday.
- A genuine opportunity to make a huge impact for an exciting tech business who are investing in their next major phase of growth.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.