How about being the brains behind protecting the business from an ever evolving technology driven threat landscape?
Henry Nicholas are proud to be working with one of the UK’s most recognised brands in the insurance space and as such we have been tasked in finding an excellent Threat Intelligence Analyst to join their well-established Global Cyber Security division.
What we are looking for.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial background working in cyber threat intelligence including experience of working in a SOC environment, and experience in the following:
- Advanced knowledge of global threats to international cyber security and conversant in developing a picture of the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber adversaries
- Able to collect, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from various sources including extracting indicators and exercising critical thinking in assessing the threat
- Good technical understanding of networking, internet protocols and information security
- Ability to deliver to a schedule, prioritise conflicting tasks, and service occasional time-critical requests as required
- Training and experience in deploying in intelligence analysis and assessment techniques including hypothesis development
- Additional experience of strategic cyber threat intelligence activity is advantageous
- Recognised technical security certifications and academic degrees highly desirable but not essential (Information Security MSc, CREST, SANS, Offensive Security certifications)
- Strong written and verbal briefing skills
In this role, you'll support all aspects of the Threat Intelligence service operation and development, covering business locations worldwide. You will be working in a team collecting and analysing threat information to produce actionable cyber security intelligence. You'll have an opportunity to actively shape the direction of the team, conduct independent security research and build your professional network and skills.
The teams are exceptionally customer focused, acting as ambassadors for the business - promoting the business at industry level and protecting the brand by preventing and reducing the impact of cyber security incidents. This includes improvement in time to react to new threats, attacks, and potential breaches - all while being a phenomenal teammate.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the delivery of our threat intelligence task schedule while regularly delivering high-quality and insightful intelligence products to key internal business partners
- Providing analysis and dissemination of threats from a wide range of intelligence sources (open sources, hacker forums, peer exchange forums, SIEM alerts, log files) to give a forward-looking view of the threat
- Maintaining detailed threat profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to the firm - covering tactics, techniques and procedures, intent, goals and strategic objectives
- Balancing incoming research requests and intelligence from other teams acting as the lead point of contact
- Assisting with technological aspects of investigations lead by corporate security, fraud, and financial crime teams
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some insurance based products for you and your family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If the role sounds of interest and you would like to learn more, or even apply. Hit the apply button.