£50000 - £55000 per annum
11 months ago
The engineer will be a representative of an Agile Scrum team consisting of Product Owners, Engineers and Scrum Master. The Engineer is a generalist role whereby you’ll be expected to do anything and everything in order to produce working software and help overcome obstacles that have previously hindered production.
The experience we need:
• Microsoft Azure certification (1 or more of AZ-203, AZ-300, AZ-301, AZ-400).
• Microsoft SQL Server experience including database design, build, deployment.
• Demonstrable experience with Azure cloud platform in a production environment.
• Deep understanding of Azure compute, storage, logging and monitoring, auditing and security services.
• Good knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Azure DevOps).
• Practical experience of deploying solutions to multiple Azure tenantsresource groups.
• Good knowledge of the cost impact of designimplementation choices.
• Experience of scaling applications and data.
• Experience of building and maintaining automated operational infrastructure.
• Microsoft .NET programming languages. (C#, VB.NET etc.)
• Experience of Personal Data processing (SCV, MDM) and the compliance (GDPR), security and technical impact of working with such data.
• Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environment that truly embraces the theory, practices and rules.
• Experience working with Agile and/or Scrum development techniques such as Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development.
• Experience of using version control systems (Git preferred).
• Experience working across technical stacks contributing to infrastructure, application and database development.
• Experience with other languages and technology such as BIML, LAMP, SSRS, Power BI and PowerShell.
• Experience of other cloud platforms such as AWS.
• To provide technical expertise and mentorship with a focus on Azure tools and services.
• To help the team broaden skillsets from traditional on-premise SQL Server technologies into the Azure ecosystem.
• Deliver Working Software inclusive of design, development, testing and documentation activities.
• Work with the Product Owner to assess and refine requirements in the form of User Stories and Product Backlog Items.
• Create and maintain the Sprint Backlog, Burndown Chart and Task Board in order to ensure an accurate 24-hour view on progress is available.
• Commit to and self-organise around a Sprint Goal, taking on responsibility and accountability as a team in relation to delivering items within the Sprint.
• Ensure the highest value item is being worked on at all times, taking an active Minimal Viable Product (MVP) approach.