Do you have a rich history in 3D technologies within the engineering, architecture or gaming sector and you're now looking for a new challenge within a highly innovative company? If you are already in a leadership role, or very ready to take that step, and want to enjoy motivating and inspiring your team to push boundaries within a company that houses a diverse skill-set to deliver on your vision, then this doesn’t get much better!
Our client is a creative and technology design centre, within a global engineering company. Engineering has innovation at its core, and the design centre has been created to work with a vast number of business areas to develop innovative visual solutions to enhance user experience. The variety and nature of projects are enormous as is its potential, and the design centre draws on a super talented team of 2D, 3D, VR, AI, and UX specialists to innovate and proactively build and enhance products across the business. With specific regard to 3D solutions, there is a 3D interactive team in Bristol, a 3D modelling team in Glasgow, and a UX team in Birmingham. Our client would like a new leader to look after the Bristol team with a wider remit of leading the full 3D resource on a project by project basis.
You will inspire, motivate, push and champion the Bristol 3D interactive technology team, and galvinise the wider3D team on a project by project basis, when needed. This is to ensure bigger things can happen, bigger problems can be solved, more ground breaking 3D experiences can be offered and the design centre can grow.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of 3D Developers (Unity) and modellers to create innovative technical solutions
- Ensure effective communication between clients, developers and the wider team
- Work with and support other Technical Authorities to develop multi-discipline in projects and the wider strategy
- Develop innovative strategies and technologies to ensure that the studio is continually growing and direct studio research to maintain a high level of innovation
- Manage resources and ensure that the team is working to the best of their abilities
- Implement and oversee asset pipeline, project workflows and aid in asset creation
- The role will see you travelling to the wider offices, and spending time in Bristol – but this is an autonomous role where you will organise your time according to the needs of your projects
- A background in engineering, architecture or similar industries would be highly valued as is an ability to think abstractly to solve complex requirements
- You’ll have good experience in 3D technologies (AR and VR). You don’t have to have come from a dedicated programming background, but have dabbled at least, and know what is possible in terms of real time engines, web technologies, hardware platforms, and their limitations, and be prepared to think outside the box about how to achieve great performance, visuals, and user experience
- Commercial experience leading projects
- Knowledge of 3D CAE industry software including BIM
If this role peaks your interest hit apply!