£45000 - £54000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits + on call bonus (sign up)
over 1 year ago
To help push the business forward they are looking to create a Site Reliability Engineering team who can lead and develop modern infrastructure as code and pipeline approaches to operations. This role is key in shaping the business and helping us deliver key infrastructure projects.
What we are looking for.
SREs will be specialists within their own field but they are also expected to have a good understanding of one or more of the below areas.
Desired skills (one or more of the below):
• Deploying and managing CentOS, Redhat, Debian Operating Systems
• Git, Ansible, Puppet, Foreman, Terraform
• Deploying to cloud platforms, infrastructure as code, development against APIs
• Automation, run books, provisioning and lifecycle management of software defined infrastructure.
• Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
• Scripting Languages (eg: Bash, Python, Perl)
• Strong operational focus (measurement, data driven decisions, improving services in ` production)
The ideal candidate will:
• Be from a 3rd Line Support, Development or Operations background
• Have experience of applying SRE or DevOps methodologies in a commercial environment
• Be highly technical (Cloud Native ecosystems) with demonstrable experience
• Have a strong focus on automation, infrastructure as code, tooling and continuous improvement
• Have a passion for Open Source software
You will take a lead role in operating, improving and developing our local and global platforms. You will be responsible for developing automation and tooling, resolving issues and finding their root causes by the simplest method.
You will need to be an excellent communicator and able to work closely with local and global operations and development teams. You will be a strong advocate for modern operational practices and be adept at working under pressure whilst providing technical expertise and mentoring to the wider team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build, implement, test and document new infrastructure solutions
• Automate current tasks, implement tooling and processes to support a SRE approach
• Contribute to the management and development of appropriate infrastructure security policies
• Work closely with local and remote teams to deliver cross functional projects
• Act as a technical escalation point for the IT Operations team
• As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for helping to bring new approaches and develop the team by mentoring and sharing knowledge and experience.
What you'll get in return.
• 25 days annual leave
• Contributory pension scheme, Bupa health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
• Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
• Free soft drinks, newspapers and fruit all available in our “break out” rooms.
• Great social activities: regular board gaming sessions, football (with an international football
tournament once a year), fitness groups, running teams, and many more.
For a more in depth chat or to submit an application, hit apply!