Working closely with the Head of Development and Technical Architects, the Test Automation Lead will be responsible for leading a small team of direct reports and helping improve the testing capability through the use of automation techniques and technologies.
You will be a proactive individual with significant automation testing experience, ideally within an Agile environment.
You’ll be comfortable balancing your own deliverables as well as leading and mentoring team members.
The experience we need:
- Experience of testing within web, mobile and backend development environments within a fast paced agile organisation.
- Strong experience in the application of automation techniques and technologies such as C#, SpecFlow and Selenium along with associated technologies such as git, Azure Dev Ops etc..
- Good organisational skills with the ability to be pragmatic, flexible and to delegate when appropriate.
- Experience of defining and working to test strategies.
- Experience of defining and working within bug tracking and triage processes/systems.
- A genuine enthusiasm for testing and test automation technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate professional development, positive leadership and a culture of inclusivity.
- Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Provide automation testing capability and leadership to testers in a way that supports high performance and engagement over a longer term.
- Work with the Head of Development with regards to the direction and implementation of test automation capabilities within the development department including, for example, functional automation, load and performance etc...
- Support the Head of Development with regards to the quality practice across Good Energy to enable ever-improving velocity and quality across Scrum teams.
- Work closely with the Technical Architect to ensure individual testers’ skills are working effectively within Scrum teams and identify emerging skill needs for testers, continuously ensuring high performance of the team.
- Work with the Head of Development to seek opportunities to introduce compelling new technologies that will enhance testing capability and improve quality of delivery.
What you’ll get in return.
- Competitive Salary
- Travel allowance at all levels
- Green Travel Allowance
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
- Flexible working practices across many roles
If you like the look of the role and would love to get involved with one of the South West's most respected clean energy providers, hit apply!