Henry Nicholas are proud to be working with the UK’s most trusted, market leading Insurance organisation, in supporting the expansion of their internal Security function.
The Major Incident Management function is looking for a Technical Infrastructure Specialist to be the technical authority on incident events involving the company infrastructure/3rd party suppliers.
This role sits within the Major Incident Management function of the business however this position is less focussed on incident management processes (ITIL etc)
This role will likely suit someone from a senior Technical role (Tech architect/Network specialist/cloud specialist) who will act as the "Go to" authority for incidents in the technical space.
This is not a hands on role as such, so you wont be fixing firewalls and routers etc but will be assessing the internal environment, Triaging the incidents and recommending fixes, dealing with 3rd party suppliers and holding them to account for SLA's that are critical to the infrastructure - so having acute technical knowledge is vital to understand when suppliers might not be pulling there weight.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing major incidents and problems in a global organisation would be beneficial
- Experience in a senior technical role, platform or application role.
- Technical certification and accreditation across multiple platform disciplines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expedite the triage and diagnostic phase of the incident life-cycle by acting as the conduit between suppliers technical bridges and the management bridge.
- Act as the translation / interpreter steward to ensure the management bridge fully understands actions agreed on technical bridges.
- Quickly identify service/technical avenues of investigation to validate and aid technical bridge thinking, leading to faster diagnosis and ultimately, time to fix.
- Ensure recommendations and improvements which encompass all failure points and gaps during major incidents and problem investigation are made to avoid reoccurrences.
- Consistently look for areas, processes and procedures that can be improved or need to be implemented with a focus on the technology estate.
- Organise and facilitate regular technology reviews with both internal and external suppliers reviews as part of ongoing way of measuring and improving service levels.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with weekend support as required.
What you will get for this role:
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some products plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
If this opportunity appeals to you and you would like to know more, or even submit your profile for consideration, hit apply!