£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits
6 months ago
The data engineer will be a representative of an Agile Scrum team consisting of Product Owners, Engineers and Scrum Master. The Engineer is a generalist role whereby you’ll be expected to do anything and everything in order to produce working software and help overcome obstacles that have previously hindered production.
The experience we need:
• Microsoft SQL Server experience including database design, build, deployment.
• Demonstrable experience with Azure cloud platform in a production environment.
• Deep understanding of Azure compute, storage, logging and monitoring, auditing and security services.
• Good knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Azure DevOps).
• Practical experience of deploying solutions to multiple Azure tenantsresource groups.
• Good knowledge of the cost impact of design implementation choices.
• Experience of scaling applications and data.
• Experience of building and maintaining automated operational infrastructure.
• Microsoft .NET programming languages. (C#, VB.NET etc.)
• Experience of Personal Data processing (SCV, MDM) and the compliance (GDPR), security and technical impact of working with such data.
• Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environment that truly embraces the theory, practices and rules.
• Experience working with Agile and/or Scrum development techniques such as Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development.
• Experience of using version control systems (Git preferred).
• Experience working across technical stacks contributing to infrastructure, application and database development.
• Experience with other languages and technology such as SSRS, Power BI and PowerShell.
• Experience of other cloud platforms such as AWS.
• To provide technical expertise and mentorship with a focus on Azure tools and services.
• To help the team broaden skillsets from traditional on-premise SQL Server technologies into the Azure ecosystem.
• Deliver Working Software inclusive of design, development, testing and documentation activities.
• Work with the Product Owner to assess and refine requirements in the form of User Stories and Product Backlog Items.
• Create and maintain the Sprint Backlog, Burndown Chart and Task Board in order to ensure an accurate 24-hour view on progress is available.
• Commit to and self-organise around a Sprint Goal, taking on responsibility and accountability as a team in relation to delivering items within the Sprint.
• Ensure the highest value item is being worked on at all times, taking an active Minimal Viable Product (MVP) approach.
If the role looks like its up your street, hit apply!