If you have experience in designing models and implementing ETL solutions, ideally with Teradata or IBM Datastage, then this could be the role for you.
What we are looking for:
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of multi-skilled delivery focused team that is accountable for build activity of the Data Warehousing capability. You will be part of a team that is responsible for taking business requirements and interpreting these to design, build and delivery of solutions into the Data Warehouse.
- Proven experience in data warehouse design, preferably using Kimball modelling techniques (dimensions, facts, star schemas etc.)
- Strong SQL query knowledge and familiarity with a leading RDBMS
- Strong background in database design and development, following best practice to leverage database processing power, create reusable code and align to data model build standards.
- Proven experience in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development that adheres to principles set out for scalability, logging, scheduling, alerts, re-run capability and dependency management.
- Experience of delivering solutions that align with Data Governance principles for Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data Security.
- Familiarisation of working within an agile environment, supporting iterative/incremental software development. Experience using other techniques such as SDLC, Waterfall, RAD etc. would also be advantageous
- Experience on analysing various data sources and business requirements and how the available data can be used to meet those requirements
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Retail Financial Services, ideally cross-product for high street banking
- A ‘do the right thing’ attitude while being a strong team player
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A logical and analytical mindset with a strong attention to detail, good problem-solving skills
Key Technical Skills
- Data Warehousing: Dimension Modelling (Ralph Kimball), EDW (Inmon), 3NF experience also beneficial
- Design Toolsets: IBM InfoSphere Data Architect, ERWin, Visio
- ETL Toolsets: IBM InfoSphere Data Integration (Data Stage), SQL Server Integration Services, Oracle Data Integrator
- Other Toolsets: IBM Information Governance Catalogue, IBM Information Analyser, IBM Quality Stage
- RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Languages: SQL, BTEQ, VBA
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
If this role sounds like the right choice for you, hit apply!