An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced DevSecOps / DevOps / Dev Ops Engineer to join the Cloud Security team at this fantastic organization. You will play a key part in automating security testing into CI/CD pipelines and ensuring security controls and tooling are properly implemented and are utilised to their maximum potential.
What we are looking for:
You will already have a number of years under your belt in a DevSecOps or Devops capacity and will have good previous exposure to AWS cloud and its associated Security technologies. The ideal candidate will have AWS Security – Specialty certification.
- You will also need to have a good background in DevOps practices working with CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Cloud Platforms particularly AWS and ideally Azure; Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Lambda, SNS, etc.)
- Proficiency with Python, Terraform and AWS CLI
- You may have experience with application security tooling (SAST, DAST etc.)
- Experience of API integration and Security techniques
- Knowledge of AuthN/AuthZ protocols, such as OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML and AD;
- Awareness of vulnerability management and penetration testing tools, such as NMAP, Nessus, Qualys, Burp, ZAP, Kali Linux, or Metasploit
The nature and level of this role requires the DevSecops / DevOps engineer to have excellent planning and prioritization skills, as well as a methodical and meticulous approach to goals. You’ll be very task-driven and will take ownership of the delivery of solutions.
You will be dealing with senior stakeholders within the organisation and other internal departments so strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as being able to persuasively present and justify changes to requirements for secure architecture and security practice.
Your day to day:
The IT Security teams is a very collaborative group and are huge advocates of knowledge sharing and continuous learning, so being proactive in mentoring and upskilling more junior team members is a huge bonus.
- Acting as the central point of contact within the business with regards to information security in the Cloud
- Collaborate with Security Architects in maintaining/extending Cloud Security patterns and use cases.
- Continually review and extend Cloud Security Playbooks and preventative controls
- Collaborate with internal and external DevOps teams and where necessary provide guidance of adopting security by design and if necessary, remediate identified vulnerabilities
- Support the development of security operations for monitoring, testing, and where necessary conduct Cloud implementation audits
- Where appropriate support Incident Response team
- 20% team member discount on holidays for you, your family and friends
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service
- Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop
- Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Government pension scheme
For a more in depth chat and to be considered for the role, please apply with your CV.