We're looking for a talented Lead / Senior 3D designer or 3D Design Manager with strong concepting ability and top notch 3D design skills across traditional retail and exhibition design and ideally some innovative digital skills as as well (AR and VR would be perfect!). You'll need to be comfortable client facing and leading a small team of talented midweights and juniors too.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career by working for an award-winning design agency, operating within the exhibition, hospitality and retail design industry. They continue to grow the team and win new work despite the pandemic affecting a lot of other agencies in this space, and there is a an exciting new strand of digital, AR and VR creative work being added to their core offering, so it's a really exciting time to join!
The experience we need:
- 5+ years minimum experience as a 3D Designer, Design Lead or 3D Designer Manager, ideally from an agency or multi-brand or freelancer looking to go perm (you've worked with many clients)
- Demonstrable experience at the conceptual end of the design process, but also able to execute high quality design work using industry leading software (Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchUP, AutoCAD / Vectorworks)
- Comfortable creating inspirational concept presentations and supporting design rationale - good hand sketching would be desirable too
- Ability to lead on projects and to mentor and manage junior members of the team
- Design agency experience is preferred
- Bonus points for a mixture of traditional retail/exhibit design and also digital / VR / AR work in your portfolio
The Lead / Senior 3D designer or 3D Design Manager will play a pivotal role in the studio and will take overall responsibility for the conceptual output of their exhibition and retail work. You'll get to work on traditional hospitality and retail design projects and some exciting new digital work also. You'll think experientially, bring together the wide-ranging elements that deliver truly memorable human connections in an increasingly digital world. The Lead / Senior 3D designer or 3D Design Manager will get to work with a great range of existing clients as well as new ones, on high profile design projects that have a global reach.
The Lead / Senior 3D designer or 3D Design Manager will have a team lead / management focus, but will work across the end-to-end design process as and when needed. We need somebody who can do some of the doing, not just orchestrate from a distance. You'll join a passionate team of designers where raw creativity is celebrated, and the range of project you'll work on will keep things nice and fresh long-term.
They've won a whole host of awards recently, not just for their work, but also for their working environment, culture and investment in developing their staff. There are no egos here, it's all about mucking in as a team and producing the very best work to wow your clients. It really is a great place to work.
What you'll get in return.
- Excellent career progression.
- Competitive Salary
- 10% Bonus
- Training and development budget
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Working
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away to send your CV through to Tony Allen straight away. We'd also like to see a copy of your CV. You can get my email from the Henry Nicholas website.
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony a call.