My client's consultants are award winning and nationally recognised PR and communications professionals. Experienced and knowledgeable in a variety of technology, B2B and professional services sectors, the team delivers a full spectrum of PR and communications services.
Due to exponential growth, they are now looking for 2 Account Directors with a background in B2B PR within the technology arena.
This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the UK.
Account / Client Management
- To strategically plan and manage successful PR programmes (annual retained contracts or projects) for clients, utilising the full spectrum of PR tactics available.
- To lead teams in the execution and evaluation of PR programmes that help clients achieve their strategic objectives and agreed KPIs.
- To 'roll up sleeves and support teams to undertake any form of required PR activity (research, copywriting, despatches, media sell-ins, social media, any form of media relations etc).
- To profitably direct and deliver client accounts, regularly reviewing the time management tool (Paprika) and monthly reporting to review account team performance against agreed deliverables.
- To develop strong relationships with clients; to realise 'trusted advisor' status through strategic counsel, deliver added value and achieve revenue growth across accounts.
- To manage client expectations in line with agreed scope of works and adjust scope of works where necessary to ensure profitability and prevent over-resourcing.
- To be responsible for accurate financial reporting and maximising profitability across accounts.
- To share responsibility for developing / evolving company-wide operational processes and systems (reporting, filing, referencing etc).
- To adhere to company-wide operational processes and systems (e.g. Paprika, Basecamp etc) to support the smooth running of the company.
- To regularly report account activity back to the Managing Director and senior management team.
- To attend client meetings both nationally and internationally as required.
PR Skills and Programme Creation / Delivery
- To support and encourage team members to develop and maintain strong relationships with media contacts in client industry sectors and lead by example, through nurturing of own media network.
- To lead teams which initiate, deliver and manage effective media relations programmes on behalf of clients, encompassing the full spectrum of media relations tactics i.e. proactive editorial pitching, features targeting, monitoring and responding to news agenda, media briefings, webinars etc.
- Advanced copywriting skills for a variety of written assets, including (not exhaustive): press releases, thought leadership articles / blogs, newsletters, case studies, eBooks, infographics, award entries, white papers, marketing collateral, web copy etc.
- To be capable of identifying relevant angles for copywriting projects (targeted at owned, earned, paid or shared content channels), sourcing a brief from clients / other stakeholders (and / or other primary and secondary research sources), and drafting client-ready copy that meets the required communications objective. Managing the approvals accordingly.
- To review, edit and approve copywriting produced by junior team members, prior to sharing with client, providing guidance and feedback to develop team members where appropriate.
- To be responsible for team delivery of global event programmes on behalf of clients (including securing speaking opportunities, endorsement agreements and other activity).
- To attend exhibitions / conferences (both nationally and internationally)
- To plan and manage the implementation of digital and social media strategies for clients.
Strategic Responsibility and Business Development
- To play an active part in the growth of the agency, through strategic involvement in business development / operational discussions and activity.
- To be available outside of office hours where necessary, as an on-call director or to fulfil exceptional client requirements (respecting different time zones).
- To proactively seek and identify new business opportunities within agreed industries and client criteria.
- To schedule new business meetings with prospective clients and aid in the development and delivery of proposals, pitch documents and presentations.
- To provide strong team management and ensure efficient operations in the absence of other Directors.
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 - £65,000 DOE
- Company pension
- Company bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Annual training allowance
- International travel