My client is a recognised global brand in the work of innovative technology and design.
Due to an internal promotion, they are now looking for an experienced BI Manager.
The Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across the global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables the business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth. Integrated across the global business, the team delivers data and strategy, sharper insight and forecasting that supports commercial decision-making to shape our future.
The BI Manager will be a key member of the BI & Analytics team in Group Finance as they continue to produce insightful visualisations and content for the group and their markets.
You will be managing a team of BI and Data Analysts and will be responsible for delivering the BI roadmap for customers in Group Finance, category product teams, across markets and to the Exec leadership team.
- Delivering the BI roadmap
- Line managing a team of BI and Data Analysts
- Ensuring the team are gathering good quality user stories and that requirements are being managed in an agile way
- Designing and documenting efficient solutions with target architecture in mind
- Working with data services function to deliver new or enhanced data sources
- Collaborating with analytics teams across the business to deliver mutually beneficial products whether this is data or analytics
- Ensuring content meets quality standards; bringing a passion for data visualisation
- Championing the use of data and analytics, driving adoption and growth in the user base
- Ensuring maintenance of functional and technical documentation
- Mentoring and developing the team
- At times getting hands on with developing data solutions or visualisations yourself
- Experience leading a team
- Strong delivery skills, managing the delivery of a roadmap using tools like JIRA
- Extremely organised, delivery focused, and deadline driven
- Demonstrated success of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Comfortable with solution design and identifying solutions to data problems
- Good commercial awareness. Ideally knowledge of Financial data
- Ability to work with data engineers to develop our enterprise data warehouse
- Experience using Tableau, Looker or comparable data visualisation tools
- Applied knowledge of a range of data platforms such as SQL Server, GCP, SAP BW, S4/HANA
- Advanced SQL skills
- Applied knowledge of Agile principles and frameworks like Kanban or Scrum
- Passionate about visualisation best practice, driving data-culture in terms of adoption, self-serve and growth in user base
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental