A charitable life science society is looking for a Careers & Engagement Officer to support a number of committees with public, professional and student engagement.
This is a maternity cover contract that lasts a year with potential for the role to become permanent at the end of the contract. This role is initially remote during the pandemic and will then be based in the Bristol office but on a flexible basis and with flexi-time working. This not-for-profit is incredible at looking after its staff. The holiday and benefits are fantastic.
The experience we need.
- A degree or higher in a life science subject, or experience working with clinicians in a university or society setting
- Public engagement experience would be fantastic
- A passion for engaging with students, the medical community and the general public to promote awareness of life science
- Preferably, but not essentially, experience working with committees, particularly scientific committees
- Experience organising or partaking in medical events is a big plus
- Experience working closely with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- To be a self-starter: you won't be hand held in this role so you need to have the confidence to work autonomously.
- You need to be extremely organised to manage multiple engagement projects at any one time
- Experience editing and collating digital content is beneficial.
As Careers & Engagement Officer:
- You'll work with committees of life science specialists to develop initiatives that will engage with scientists, students and the general public
- You'll coordinate and contribute to a specialist life science website that aims to educate and inspire
- You'll engage in school outreach and work closely with schools, universities and the medical community to promote best practice and further engage with undergraduates and the general public
- You'll help to create and guide school resources focused on life science education
- You will partake in medical conferences, encouraging attendance, organising speakers and aiding membership participation
- You'll encourage committee members to engage in public engagement
- You'll even work on a podcast focused on life science public engagement.
This charitable life science society do great work within the medical sector and have a tangible impact on society.
What you'll get in return.
You'll get a one year maternity contract that could go permanent after a year, with a salary of c£28-30k, flexi-time working, fantastic holiday, pension and other great benefits.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!