My client design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned data centres across Europe and the USA and they deliver these platforms at massive scale.
About the role
They are now seeking a Data Centre Operative to join their Data Centre Team, helping to support the day to day operational running, maintaining and installation of the Server and network platforms.
This is a great opportunity to work in a 10,000+ servers large scale data centre supporting international clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing new racks, decommissioning old racks
- Install and upgrade servers within the data centre, including removals.
- Replace faulty components in equipment within the data centre. (eg change hard disk)
- Installing/decommissioning of cabling and rack switches
- Manage Data Centre Incidents and Service Requests and resolve in a timely manner
- Follow/Review Data Centre procedures
Skills & Expertise required:
- Good IT equipment hardware support skills:
- Fault finding
- RAM/HDD/PSU/FANS replacements
- Upgrading components
- General understanding of core data centre infrastructure, including:
- Power distribution
- Fire Detection
- Fire Suppression
- Air Conditioning Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience working within a data centre environment is a must
- Hardware repair/maintenance qualifications
- IT skills - e.g. networking, Linux, Windows
- Excellent Organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to Manage Multiple Activities
- Ability to be able to think on your feet and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well on your own as well as part of a team.
- Good documentation skills.
What you get in return
- £26,000 basic salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Free parking close to offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Free soft drinks, fruit and computer games available in our break rooms.
- Excellent coffee!
- Great social activities: summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.