Do you love data? Are you passionate about putting the customer first? Would you thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, empowered to innovate?
If so, I am looking for top Data Engineering talent to be part of my client's incredible journey as they build a world-class Customer Science team in London.
Everything is better when we put the customer first and Data Science helps to do that on a massive scale. Using advanced analytical techniques and rich data assets to create actionable insights, models and tools that support strategic priorities. The Data Engineering function is a critical element within Customer Science creating robust data pipelines, delivering optimised, trustworthy data and owning deployment.
In a purpose-built office in London's trendy tech hub, Hoxton Square - a buzzing, start-up environment with top talent from a broad range of industries. Working in agile, collaborative, cross-functional teams, with a real passion for customer-centric thinking.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be aligned to the Personalisation Workstream (PW) within Customer Science. The PW team are responsible for developing and productionising data products that drive personalised customer experience at scale.
As a Data Engineer, you will also;
- Empower Customer Science by owning optimisation, deployment and end-to-end pipelines
- Create production-grade code, documentation and monitoring
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and drive opportunities with new data, technology and processes
- Develop a deep understanding of the data estate
- Support Customer Science with analytics support
- Identify opportunities to improve our existing data engineering processes and engage with the right stakeholders to implement change
Skills & Experience Required
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant mathematical, engineering or programming-oriented subject e.g., Computer Science OR have equivalent demonstrable knowledge and professional experience
- Highly numerate with good working knowledge in statistics, machine learning, analytics or similar
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Strong programming expertise in SQL and Python (PySpark or Scala would be a plus)
- Experience of working with big datasets (e.g., clickstream) and building data pipelines
- Strong working knowledge of Git-based code version control and CI/CD principles (Jenkins experience a plus)
- Experience of working with big datasets (e.g., clickstream) and building data pipelines using Spark
What will you get for this role?
- Salary in the region of £40,000 - £55,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some products
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme