My Client is a multinational financial services provider, where data and technology take centre stage in delivering market-leading products. They have a large advanced analytics function that builds and deploys machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions for all business areas, including Pricing, Marketing and Claims.
My Client doesn't like to stand still; now that they have an established, experienced function, they are focusing on growth, and are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join them as they expand their efforts throughout the business.
The successful candidate will report into the core Advanced Analytics function for training, support, development and best practice however, they work closely with the business teams to develop meaningful solutions that best meet business needs. The role will cover a diverse range of approaches, including projects with unstructured data, raw text, speech and images as well as traditional structured data problems. With over 4 million interactions with customers every day, my client has a lot of data that can be put to good use.
My Client are looking for someone inquisitive and keen to make an impact using innovative analytical methods. You must have a keen interest in machine learning and be ready to expand your skills as the field progresses.
Whilst you enjoy research and proposing solutions to the rest of the team, you keep an equal focus on delivering business value. Equally, you will enjoy learning about the business needs and working with a range of stakeholders.
- Solve business problems using a range of advanced statistical, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Research new ideas and stay up to date with the world of data science
- Work closely with the other members of the team to ensure models are easy to deploy.
- Be an advocate for data science, helping the business understand where and when it can add value to their processes.
- Contribute to the training and development of graduate data scientists
- Contribute to the data scientist community in a positive way
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience working in Data Science or relevant field
- Msc / PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Proven experience using supervised learning techniques such as GLMs, random forests or gradient boosted ensembles
- Proven experience with unstructured data problems such as Text Mining or Image recognition
- Experience using a range of tools such as python, R, SparkML etc preferably within a cloud environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication across a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
What you get in return
- £30,000 - £47,000 DOE
- Flexible benefits package
- Work life balance