Are you an experienced Data Solution Development Manager seeking a role where you can make a real difference in a multinational organisation?
We are looking for someone who can drive and deliver against a growing change agenda by managing the development of IT data solutions across the business by leveraging latest cloud based big data technologies. The role holder will be accountable for leading the application development of IT data solutions that support key business processes, furthering delivery against the data strategy.
My client is undergoing a significant period of change and this is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to play a significant part in a new data focused strategy. This role is critical to providing IT leadership and project delivery capability through the implementation of leading technology and data solutions. It's a great role for someone who is keen to partner with business functions to identify, develop and execute transformation capabilities that will provide world-class data solutions to support internal / external and regulatory change.
- Responsible for delivering ETL / Data warehousing / Big Data solutions and BI developments in cloud-based environments to meet the needs of the project portfolio across the whole software development life cycle.
- Effective management and leadership of a development team (5-30 FTE On & Offshore) spanning multiple projects including coaching, motivating and setting appropriately delivery objectives in line with agreed project milestones.
- Responsible and accountable for driving forward developments including, tracking, work stream status updates, sizing/estimating work, dependency management between work strands, escalation management and status reporting into project management.
- Able to adapt development management practice based on differing project delivery methodologies that best suit required deliverables and associated milestones
- Managing all staff related matters, performance, recruitment an on-boarding, development budget management, risk management, knowledge transfers, contingency planning.
- Enhance development lifecycle and associated processes and documentation. Put appropriate controls in place to ensure adherence to the development lifecycle and standards.
- Responsible for solution hand over into BAU/Run, ensuring full solution automation and controls are developed to internal and audit team standards.
- Able to champion process improvements, embedding new ways of working with a focus on driving up quality of deliverables
- Partnering and collaborating with others in the development manager community.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in managing complex IT data deliveries through all stages of the software development cycle.
- A proactive can-do attitude that can drive multiple projects in parallel with agility, innovation and focus on cost and timeliness.
- Conceptual understanding and general market awareness in data tooling and trends in new world cloud big data technologies and more traditional RDMS and BI with track record of delivery across permutations of such technologies.
- Strong customer consultancy and presentation skills.
- Able to document and present information to high level of detail whilst retaining ability to convey ideas and solutions in an easy-to-understand way to the business.
What you'll get in return
- Health care
- 29 Days holiday
- Extensive benefits package
- Share Scheme