Front-end web developer - PHP
This role is a work from home role, but you must have access to the M5
My Client is a web development and digital strategy agency based in, Somerset who have grown substantially over the last 10 years. As a result of recent growth, they are looking to grow their development teams and have roles available for back-end, front-end and full-stack PHP developers at various levels!
A passionate and team-oriented company with over 650 live websites and they are now looking forward to welcoming another highly-skilled front-end developer to their team.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering first-class web sites for a range of clients.
If you love front-end development and have a good grasp of PHP, then they'd love to hear from you!
Role Description and Responsibilities
The job role will include various aspects of website development. You'll be working on projects for one of the largest clients, with work ranging from front-end development styling/graphics to PHP and MySQL. The clients and design team both have high expectations and as such, all front-end developers must have a good eye for visual detail to ensure websites are pixel-perfect!
Working within an agency environment will require you to handle multiple projects at a time, all with their own deadlines, so good organisation skills are a requirement to ensure each project gets the attention required, and that the project is delivered on time to a happy client although the account management team are on hand to support this process.
The role has client-facing aspects so good communication skills, both internally and externally are a must.
When required you'll need to be confident speaking directly with clients.
- Creating pixel-perfect websites from the designers visuals
- Developing and testing websites across multiple platforms, devices and browsers
- Liaising with clients directly in a professional manner when tackling their feedback and/or questions
- A methodical approach to both development and testing to work through challenges and reach a resolution in a timely manner
You should be confident working with all the following technologies which power the application stack:
Useful, but not a must
- Build tools (such as Grunt and Gulp)
- Git / Gitlab
- Sketch / (Avocode as they develop from Windows systems)
- Experience with Cloud hosting environments (ideally AWS)
- Linux command line (ideally CentOS or Red Hat)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in front-end development
- Portfolio of examples to evidence your ability - URLs or code examples a must
- GBP22,000 basic salary
- 22 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 5-years) + bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Windows PC with dual monitors set up
- Pension Plan
- Life insurance cover
- Fantastic opportunities for career development
- Modern office facilities including a full kitchen, dining area and social area/games room with Xbox,VR...
- Paid overtime