My client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, offering fantastic careers in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
About the role
My client is looking for an experienced .Net Core Developer to join our highly skilled team producing cutting-edge software for a global market. This is an exciting opportunity to build state-of-the-art products based upon the latest technologies and delivered to end-customers via a global brand.
You will work alongside the Development Lead and Team Architect as part of the small and skilled team designing and implementing services to control provisioning systems for their products. They develop full-stack Business Systems, Management Tooling, Lifecycle Management and end-product development with low-level service design. As such, there are many opportunities to become involved in the product stack at all levels.
They work Agile using Scrum, working closely in teams with QA experts, business analysts, programme managers and product owners. They're building UI's in Vue.JS, with API's written in .Net Core, talking to microservice architectures deployed to OpenShift via GitLab.
This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and is a chance to build real-world working products and to take ownership from start to completion. It's a relaxed but focused working environment where every individual really matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the team building latest generation hosted products
- Build rock-solid scalable solutions in a wide range of programing languages
- Design with consideration to wider system architecture
- Implement processes and non-functional requirements as part of overall design
- Perform lifecycle management activities
Skills & Expertise required:
- C# .NET Core or Framework
- Test Driven Development; Front-end (Jest), Back-end (NUnit/MSTest)
- SCSS or other CSS preprocessors
- Writing and publishing NPM packages
- Very strong core coding skills, including OO design, Clean Coding, Testing Techniques
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Modern working practices, including CI/CD workflows, Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Building micro services and experience of Cloud Native architectures
- General Web App security; client and server side
- Knowledge of server virtualisation and containerisation technologies
- Keen interest in emerging technologies, learning new languages and skills
What you'll get in return
- £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Private health care with the option to extend cover to partner and children
- Critical illness
- Life assurance
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking