My client is an iconic Bristol Carnival that attracts over 100,000 visitors each year. In 2017 the Carnival became a Community Interest Company to ensure a sustainable and stable future.
As part of the strategy, they are now looking for an experienced Corporate Fundraiser / Charity Business Development Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to mould the role and make it your own!
This role can be part time (4 days per week) or full time.
Purpose of the Role
- Support the delivery of the Carnival Business Development / Fundraising Strategy
- Maintain existing corporate relationships and develop new partnerships
- Develop long lasting partnerships which significantly deliver on the Carnival's need to ensure a sustainable event.
- Deliver the key objectives of the Carnival CIC's Fundraising Strategy
- Maintaining existing relationships and developing new investors through regular communications, one to one and creating opportunities for the Business Development Manager or Executive Director to meet new investors and sponsors
- Delivering and developing regular fundraiser events
- Preparing reports for board meetings and undertaking any other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Educated to a degree level, OR relevant significant experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of increasing funding /investment / sponsorship
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Experience of working with international brands as sponsors or investors
- Experience of working to commercial revenue targets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Dynamic communicator
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent numeracy
- Experience of working for a charity
- Experience of working with local brands as sponsors or investors
- Organisation & time management skills
If you are looking for a role where you can give back and ensure the future of an amazing Bristol event, then this is the role for you.
- £35,000 basic
- 5% Commission
- Generous holiday allowance
- Chance to become a Bristol hero!!!