A unique opportunity to join an internationally admired brand, the right candidate will be based within in their expanding research and development team. Under new leadership, the direction of this role will see the successful candidate leading and qualifying packaging manufacturing processes for New Product Development (NPD) and Existing Product Development (EPD).
With the company operating across the global market with a team of 3000 employees (and growing), this is an exciting time for somebody to grow and develop their skill set within packaging design and development. The team are looking for a critical thinker to lead new ways of housing products for global distribution within the dynamic R&D team. The role will also give the right candidate exposure with key manufacturing and co-manufacturing facilities across Europe.
With significant investment and development in their employees and a state-of-the-art facility to conduct your work, this will allow the right candidate to create new packaging processes for our future marketplace.
The Experience we Need;
- You will be a recent graduate and hold a degree/diploma within product/industrial design or engineering equivalent
- You will have a developed knowledge of a range materials and how they can enhance product design delivery
- You will a good understanding of project management, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work cross-functionally/internationally, and deliver against company business goals and objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven delivery focus
- Developing industry leading primary, secondary and tertiary packaging including tubes, bottles, cartons, shelf ready packs and corrugated containers
- Managing modifications and improvements of existing packaging
- Optimising pack designs to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Keeping up to date with sustainability requirements, integrating this into packaging generation and development
- Sourcing and reviewing technical drawings and die lines
- Developing and conducting primary package qualification testing plans
- Implementing transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
- Supporting the Operations team for pack design related engineering issues
- Interfacing with all relevant departments to effectively manage projects
- Managing project documentation
- Issuing and maintaining packaging specifications as well as reports on outcome of industrial line trials
- Providing relevant information for the assembly of technical dossiers and customer specifications
Competitive Salary DOE, Monday - Friday Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday, as high as 9% pension contribution, annual performance-based bonus, up to 26 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
How to Apply;
If this sounds like you or you meet most of the criteria specified above, then please click the apply button now to send over your CV and covering letter.