My client has a friendly and ambitious culture. They believe in thinking big, exploring new technology, using data science to inspire creativity, caring about everything that leaves the door, and working as one team. The belief is that creativity cannot exist without method and vice versa.
They are now after a Group Account Director who can take a senior position leading clients and a team. The Group Account Director is responsible for driving the growth strategy for a client portfolio of world-class brands. You will be someone who can develop C suite relationships, talk knowledgeably about the suite of services offered and motivate a talented and enthusiastic team to deliver best in class results for clients.
The ideal Group Account Director will have a background in performance media and/or delivering large integrated creative advertising accounts - 2 of the key services delivered within this suite of clients. The right candidate will have experiencing leading an agency team and able to showcase their ability to drive growth and develop a client's business.
Sound appealing? Then you could be the one my client is looking for to join this vibrant, award-winning team. With direct access to over 250 experts in creatives, developers, strategists, data scientists and media performance specialists you can be the lynchpin in bringing clients objectives to life.
Strategic and Marketing Leadership
- Proactively initiate conversations and discussions with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, identify and implement activity to help achieve client goals.
- Create and deliver strategic presentations for clients that could span multiple channels, projects, and deliverables.
- Position yourself as a thought leader in specific sectors and services, identifying macro trends that are likely to affect a brief and/or client's business - proactively taking an agency view as to the implications these could have on the client.
- To drive a tangible uplift in client revenues within your client portfolio YoY
- To have a clear strategic roadmap for the client to grow both the core agency service as well as the cross-sell of multiple services to clients - working with Account Directors to turn this into actionable client account plans.
- Ensure the adequate servicing level, and agency investment in clients enable us to be in a position of growth (agency spend) year on year.
- Contribute to the company's goals, collaborating with business development and PR to maximise opportunities for our client base, as well as attract new prospects to the team.
- Guide and influence the development of the Client Services Strategy and People working with the CSD in driving individuals PDPs and the development of the team.
- Working with a solution focused approach to resolving problems in collaboration with the team of specialists and/or clients
- To ensure the delivery of a profitable agency/client relationship across the client portfolio and work with the team to improve account profitability where targets are not being met.
- Successfully deliver agreed forecasts and constantly strive to exceed target expectation - motivating your team to do the same.
- Ongoing management of planning and forecasting process, including regular reforecast, reporting of actual vs. planned performance and identification of risks and any remedial actions where necessary.
Specific skills required include:
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience or an equivalent marketing position
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service or equivalent within a business sector.
- Proven experience in managing and directing teams, working cross-functionally within an agency or in-house agency environment.
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies and campaign planning.
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical, media and creative capabilities.
- Effective upward and downward delegation skills.
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency.
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 - £65,000
- Generous holiday allowance
- Amazing client suite
- Flexible working
- Career development
- So much more