The IT Platforms team is accountable for my client’s core platforms enabling service and change delivery while guaranteeing the platforms are secure, highly available and agile. The area is key to delivering the strategy as a Digital First organisation.
Environment Specialists provide expertise within the team on the infrastructure and middle-ware which underpins the application. The role is required in each platform area to drive knowledge and management of the infrastructure guaranteeing excellent service, value for money and support the transition to Cloud.
- Infrastructure is stable, resilient and reliable with little to no high severity outage attributable to the elements within scope.
- The CMDB is complete, accurate and reliable giving a true picture of the infrastructure and middle-ware underpinning the application.
- Guarantee platforms are stable and available for change delivery.
- Provide deep expertise in the infrastructure and middle-ware which underpins all applications within the platform areas.
- Manage Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
- Guarantees the accuracy of the records held in the CMDB for the infrastructure elements of the platforms.
- Receives, reviews and approves the bill(s) in relation to infrastructure consumed by the platform confirming it is complete, accurate and appropriate.
- Leads on decommissioning and estate management activity within the platform area guaranteeing infrastructure are sized appropriately to deliver service at an appropriate cost.
- Support transition to Cloud - guarantees infrastructure elements of the activity are fully considered; guarantees transition to cloud enables transparent costing and resilient service.
- Support capacity planning, software licensing, vulnerability management and other activity with expertise on how the application interacts with the infrastructure.
- Confirms standards, practices and disciplines are in place to guarantee maintenance of scripts and interfaces underpinning the platforms use of Infrastructure (including Cloud technology).
- Experience of large scale estate and environment management.
- Infrastructure and/or middleware background.
- Experience of running and managing enterprise applications in a Cloud environment.
- Experience in working with multi sourced operating models and teams.
- Experience in dealing with problems and quick turn around requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Highly self-motivated and willingness to learn, explore and be innovative.
- Negotiating and influencing across a range of roles and levels, including demonstrating the benefit of deliverables and support services.
What your get in return:
- Salary £30,000 - £55,000
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme